PROJECT MANAGEMENT INITIATIVE AFRICA (PMI-AFRICA)
At PMI-AFRICA, we give needed tools and techniques for project management for development (PM4R) adapted to international professional standards to our clients to ensure the achievement of their projects' final specific objectives (outcome, product, or service) within the planned timeline (schedule), cost (budget), human resources (RACI) and scope.
Attend a workshop
Project Management Initiative Africa (PMI-AFRICA) is a training and supportive programme that presents concepts and tools that can be applied in project management and that can generate a substantial change to reach the proposed objectives. The overall objective of this initiative is to strengthen the capacity of development projects management in the region, so that they can be executed efficiently and effectively.
One of the challenges faced by public institutions, non-governmental organizations, development agencies and other actors that promote economic and social development in Africa in general and in Uganda in particular is how to transform proposals into practical actions improving the well-being of society, and making sure that these results are achieved in time and with the available resources.
The contents of the courses offered by PMI-Africa are aligned with the guidelines and standards of good project management practices presented in the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK®) by the Project Management Institute (PMI). The PM4R methodology adapts international good practices, tools and standards on project management to the world of projects for development.
All of our courses include practical cases that help the learners understand key concepts and tools for project management. Power point presentations are made by experts with extensive experience in the subject and who have the PMI’s PMP (Project Management Professional) certification; and readings, among other activities.
At PMI-AFRICA, we offer ten modules in an intensive training five-day workshop that lead to PMP certification. The Project Management Professional (PMP) training workshop, offered face-to-face in two UN working languages of your choice - English and/or French includes the certification exam as part of the five-day training workshop. Our most learning activities and teaching tools include:
Power point presentations are used to disseminate course information to participants. They are distributed to participants at the beginning of each module and a soft copy is given to participants at the end. A particular attention is given to both participants’ practical experiences and the instructor's ones.
Readings allow learners to understand in greater detail each of the tools of the PM4R methodology. Furthermore, at the end of each reading they will find bibliographic references which allow them to get more acquainted with the topic presented in each module.
The case study activity promotes the analysis of the topics discussed during the course starting from a case study that has been developed from a real project. This case allows participants to put in practice each of the tools presented in the PM4R methodology. To facilitate the learning process, participants are provide with a partial solution of the exercise that they have to complete. After developing the practice exercise and answering exercise questions, they become able to compare their answers with the answers suggested by the course instructors (trainers).
Project Management for Results (PM4R)
Project Management Professional (PMP)
Project Management for Development (PMD)
At the end of the workshop, all the learners will be able to identify the seven (7) steps of the project management for results (PM4R) methodology:
- To understand the conceptualization of a project from the perspective of a country's development strategies to obtain a better understanding of factors that influence a development project.
- To understand the concepts and definitions for development project management and incorporate a basic vocabulary.
- To identify the project charter objectives and main characteristics.
- To identify the decomposition of work by using the Work Breakdown Structure (WBS).
- To identify the steps and techniques to develop a project schedule.
- To elaborate the network diagram of the schedule.
- To calculate the critical path of a project.
- To draw the project’s S-curve.
- To identify the information needed to successfully complete a project procurement matrix.
- To identify the information needed to correctly complete a project risk matrix.
- To identify the level of impact and the likelihood of a risk.
- To identify response strategies to identified risks.
- To identify the information needed to correctly complete the communications matrix of a project.
- To identify the information needed to correctly complete the RACI matrix of a project.
- To apply the earned value methodology to analyze the performance of a project.
The Project Management for Development (PM4R) course is aimed to all professionals involved in project management. These include professionals from the public sector, non-governmental organizations, or development agencies. Any individual interested in project management can also apply and participate, without conditions or prerequisites.
Stay tuned on this website for updates!
The participation fees are 650 USD (taxes, coffee breaks, lunch, educational materials and certificate of participation included). Any transportation and accommodation costs as well as all other costs are borne by the participants or their organizations.
The exact location and dates of the training will be viably communicated before the start of the training workshop.
Send a reservation e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call +256706900037 with the following mentions:
- Reservation Training PM4R – Kampala.
- Name and address of the participating organization
- Name, function, e-mail address and telephone number of each participant
Upon receipt of your reservation request, PMI-AFRICA will inform you of the formalities for payment of registration fees. Registration will only be effective after receipt of payment of registration fees. An invoice will be sent by e-mail as confirmation of registration.
©2018 All rights reserved. Refugee Friends Care Organization
Organization InformationRefugee Friends Care Organization is a refugee-led organization dedicated to promote the respect and non-violation of the fundamental human rights, the rights of refugees and marginalized groups in Uganda and in the region of great lakes of Africa.
Plot 14, Kampala road, Insurance house, 2nd floor, Wing 5, Suite 4